Unable to delete "Sites that can always use cookies"

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to brave://settings/cookies
  2. Scroll to Sites that can always use cookies
  3. Select the trash icon

Expected result:
Websites listed as always being able to use cookies would be removed from the list and would need to ask for access in future.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Screenshot of what I see is below. I’ve tried clicking on the trash icon for all of them but it doesn’t do anything. I’ve also worked on changing Shield Settings in case that somehow played a part with no luck. Then I went in and deleted all cookies pertaining to those sites, but saw no changes.

I haven’t removed all cookies because I didn’t want to erase saved logins and all, though I understand that MIGHT have to be my next step. But figured I’d post in case anyone has ideas on something I’m missing. Any idea @Mattches ?

And this is on Windows 10 Pro.

2 Likes

@Saoiray,
This is a known issue that appears to have several potential overlapping causes. We have a tracking issue for this and similar cases here — looks like there has been movement on it recently as well:

1 Like

Same problem here. What was the mystery solution??

1 Like

I marked it as a solution because they said that they are working on it. So it’s a known issue but nothing that we can do about it until they implement it in the future. So well the issue may not be completely resolved he did resolve it and let me know that they are aware of it and working to resolve it

Ok thanks for response. But it’s been a year for others and there has been 2 updates with in that year.:roll_eyes:

That is a rubbish comment. Numerous updates have been uploaded…including another one today (3rd March 2022), with no end to this error in sight.

Why have a rubbish bin icon there if it serves no purpose?
The various allowed site can be added to the ‘never allowed’ list…but which one then takes precedence?>
I note that the rubbish bin actually works in the ‘Sites that can never use cookies’ list.

@Saoiray , @Condobloke ,

Try as a test . . .

Quit Brave Browser. Wait (count to 10). Start Brave Browser.

In a New Window (not a New Private Window, nor a New Private Window with TOR), go to:

brave://settings/clearBrowserData

and clear whatever caches, cookies, history, and site data you can (while keeping what you believe you must).

Quit Brave Browser. Wait (count to 10). Start Brave Browser.

In a New Private Window (not a New Window, nor a New Private Window with TOR), go to:

brave://settings/clearBrowserData

Brave Browser will open a New Window and go to that Brave URL address. Clear whatever caches, cookies, history, and site data you can (while keeping what you believe you must).

Quit Brave Browser. Wait (count to 10). Start Brave Browser. In a New Window, go to

brave://settings/?search=Continue+where+you+left+off

And adjust the settings to (about:blank) as shown;

Quit everything and Restart your Windows OS machine. Start Brave Browser and in a New Window, go to

brave://settings/cookies

Try to delete the sites of interest, at Sites that can always use cookies.

Found related issue at GitHub - March 24, 2020

Found related issue at GitHub - October 28, 2020

I’m having this issue on Arch Linux as well.

Version 1.36.112 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.