Hi. Looking for help how to completely remove all instances of Brave browser from Fedora 33. I was able to unistall brave-browser-rpm-release.s3.brave.com but there is still another instance of the browser showing up in Software. When I click on the brave browser icon in Software it surprisingly starts as if I never uninstalled it. When I right click on the Brave browser icon for Show Detail, Software opens up and presents a window saying “Sorry! There are not details for that application.”
So, what is going on? I just want to remove all instances of it and reinstall so I only have one version. Please help. I am new to Fedora and in the beginnnig phases of learning Linux (which I am loving but sometimes get frustrated with stuff like this.)
Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Followed directions for how to install Brave for Fedora 33 as sudo. Followed Brave’s directions from https://brave.com/linux/#linux
- Two instances of Brave appear in Store for Fedora 33.
- Select Remove in Software to uninstall
- Receive message software was uninstalled.
- Restart computer
- Go to Store
- Brave browser icon remains
- Click on brave browser icon in Store
- Store opens. Presents message “Sorry! There are not details for that application.”
- If you click on Brave Browser in Show Applications, the browser starts up as if it were never any attempts to remove.
All instances of Brave browser would be removed from computer.
Brave Version( check
Version 1.17.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)