How to completely remove Brave and all its settings from Fedora?

I want to do a fresh reinstall of Brave, but when I can’t remove the leftover browser settings.

@ViniciusBortoletto,
Thanks for reaching out. I believe you need to remove the following lingering files as well:

• /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave-browser*
  • /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/brave-browser*

Can’t find those files. /apt folder doesn’t seem to exist.

Hi @ViniciusBortoletto

I believe you’re looking for the profile directory. This should be under ~/.config/BraveSoftware/brave-browser

The files listed above by @Mattches are for Debian distros. You won’t have those as you’re on Fedora which uses dnf. No need to edit any repo configs as long as you’re following Fedora steps from https://brave.com/linux/ :slight_smile:

Let us know if this helps resolve the issue

1 Like

Hi,

If you are having issues with Brave browser, please tell us what the problem is or what you don’t like. There are many people here whom can most likely help resolve any technical issues that may have arisen.

Have you tried going into Brave Preferences, Additional Settings, Reset Settings and then make sure you click Restore Settings to their original defaults.

Many problems can be resolved by a reset of Brave and reversing any configuration changes you may have made, in my experience Extensions are often a cause of problems and too many will degrade any browsers performance.

So before removing Brave completely please try resetting Brave Flags, type brave://flags into the addressbar, press enter. Then click Reset All at the top right corner of the page.

Then uninstall all extensions, clear the Cache, Cookies and Local Storage

These measures will undo the majority of changes you have made to Braves configuration and get you back to an almost freshly installed state.

If issues still persist post here in these forums and tell in detail what the problems are, somebody will most likely be able to help.

1 Like