Removing browser with cmdline or script help

I’ve been tasked with uninstalling non-whitelisted software in our environment. The Brave browser is on this list. We use Manage Engines  Desktop Central to patch and deploy software. However, regardless of what little bit of information we have found online, we can’t seem to get Brae to uninstall. 

I’ve tested individual command lines on my own machine, and it prompts me to uninstall, but won’t. We need to be able to do this silently and force close the browser if it’s currently open.  We also noticed that Brave get’s installed in two locations. C:\ProgramFiles (x86) and in C:\Users\%USERPROFILE\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\xx.xx.xx.xx\

We have also noticed that if we run "C:\Users\%USERPROFILE\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\85.1.13.82\Installer\chrmstp.exe" --uninstall On a machine. The user is prompted to uninstall. It will no longer show in the system as being installed this way, however the user can still use the Brave browser because it is also installed at C:\ProgramFiles (x86)

We need a proper method via command line or via script, to remove the browser from all machines in the environment. If it get’s whitelisted in the future, that’s fine. But right now, I need to remote it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.