Unable to process transactions over Polygon Mainnet

Description of the issue:
I am unable to transfer my MATIC out of my Brave Polygon Mainnet wallet, whether it be via the dapp it is connected to or as a transfer to another wallet. It allows me to confirm the transaction in the wallet, but then just sits there in “Submitted” status. The transaction never shows up on https://polygonscan.com

Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?
New Brave Wallet

How can this issue be reproduced?
By attempting to interact with a dapp by transferring Polygon MATIC to it or by attempting to send to any other Polygon Mainnet wallet.

Brave Version (check About Brave):
Version 1.36.116 Chromium: 99.0.4844.74 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
This used to work. I originally connected my Brave Polygon Mainnet wallet to this particular dapp and was able to interact with it without issue. This was around 60 days ago. Sometime between then and now this stopped working.

@kiwiSpecial Have you tried clearing nonce? I am a crypto newbie but this was suggested in another topic by a community member (@Aman_M)

…try if clearing Clear wallet transaction and nonce information on brave://settings/wallet works? Note: This would clear list of all transactions but no funds would be lost of course. This is available in v1.36.x and after.

Other related posts by moderators:

Hey @Chocoholic, thanks for the suggestions! It took me a couple resets of my transactions, but I eventually got this to work and was able to transfer out my MATIC to a secondary wallet. So I’m assuming that my wallet nonce got knocked out of sequence somehow. I’m looking to see if there is a way to view my wallet’s current nonce to compare against my transactions in future transfers, but I don’t see a way to do this. I’ll keep looking.

I really appreciate your help!

1 Like

You’re welcome! :smiley: Glad you were able to get it to work!

On Brave GitHub there are a couple of issue reports related to having clearer user transaction status messages. They are still open but the Wallet projects category itself has been closed. I don’t know what that means! Maybe it means they will be releasing updated features soon? Hopefully this is the case. lol

Dropped transactions are never retired in our Wallet #21051

Dropped transactions are never retired in our Wallet #5023

feat(wallet): Backed Up Transactions Warning #12439

Also, currently, you can supposedly check the transaction on etherscan.io polygonscan.com and it will tell you if it was dropped even if you can’t tell in your wallet. Might try going there and looking around if you are interested. I myself don’t know how to do this so I’m no help! lol

Edit: Strike and replace incorrect reference. Thank-you @kiwiSpecial.

1 Like

Hugely helpful. Thanks for the links. It’s certainly possible that I had a single transaction that never completed confirming for whatever reason, and was then blocking all subsequent transactions I attempted.

My MATIC was on the Polygon Mainnet, so I was using polygonscan.com to look for my transactions which never existed at all there. Again my assumption here is a transaction earlier in my history that was blocking all subsequent attempts.

Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.