Help getting NFT out of old brave wallet sent there by mistake

Description of the issue: F’d up transfering NFT on polygon from opensea. Was supposed to go to metamask. It transferred successfully to the brave wallet, but I have no way of accessing it to get it out. There is nothing else in the brave wallet. I am using the desktop. I see that I can activate MATIC in the wallet, and that seemed like good news, but have been afraid to do anything. Help?

Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?
OLD wallet

How can this issue be reproduced?

Brave Version (check About Brave):
Version 1.37.109 Chromium: 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: https://polygonscan.com/tx/0xd51e32ea77988288e21720ab7f8262820cf3c75c2aaa148a862347241cc4868e
I am only contacting you now as I have been jumping through the opensea support hoops. Thank you.

Your stuff into a wallet is not exactly connected to the wallet, but the blockchain. Your crypto/nft are on the blockchain and not in the wallet. With the wallet seephrase/private key, you can have your crypto on other wallets too.

Just import and create the old brave wallet to a new matamask or new brave wallet via the import function, which uses seed phrase or private key. And from this wallet again transfer it back to the original metamask wallet on which you intended to send.

Or

Connect the old brave wallet to polygon matic chain via https://chainlist.org/ and then transfer this nft to the original metamask wallet.

In both cases you will need matic gas.

I do not exactly know that if the old wallet supports NFT transfer.

Only follow my method after you research a bit more from googling other similar users problems. Or wait for other brave community members to input their solutions.

1 Like

Thanks. It feels like a frightening unknown and I’ll do some research as you recommend.

I am hoping that a old Brave wallet developer can comment. If I import the brave wallet into a new metamask wallet as suggested by chh_68, will the NFT come along? Thanks for your help.

You can send from your Brave Wallet to your MetaMask wallet, but note there will be gas fees.

You can just import your private key to MetaMask if you’d like too.

Or just keep using Brave Wallet!

1 Like

Thank you. I would be ok with continuing to use the brave wallet, but can not currently see my NFT in it. So I am seeking to regain control of my NFT and it seems the easiest way to do that is to import this old brave wallet into metamask. I think new brave wallet supports NFTs, but if I convert this wallet I believe it needs to be empty first. Also not sure if opensea uses the new brave wallet. Thanks again. I’ll let you all know the outcome.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.