Unable to play video stream from Xfinity Stream service

Description of the issue:
When attempting to play video content from Xfinity Stream service, there is an error encountered. Error reported is:

This Video Cannot Be Played
We’ve run into a problem while streaming
(Error TVAPP-00277)

Exact URL of the website in question:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes, and with Firefox, MS Edge, and Opera

Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.36.119 Chromium: 99.0.4844.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hm, are you able to go to brave://settings/?search=widevine and make sure that the Widevine setting is enabled?

Hello,

Checked and Widevine is enabled.

I’m unable to reproduce — streaming on Xfinity worked for me without any issue in the latest release with default settings.

Wondering if you have any extensions installed at this time? If so, can you try disabling in them and test again? If that doesn’t make a difference, can you please open the dev tools console window (Menu --> More tools --> Dev tools — [Console]) and attempt to stream from the site again? Then, once it fails, share a screenshot of any output in the console window with me here?

LOL! I have no idea what has changed, but all of a sudden, things are working fine. I’ve been looking at this issue for the past week or so, trying different settings and what not, and producing the same issue. Now, all is working fine, and I am in default settings as well. No extensions have been installed. Didn’t change anything. I have no idea what impacted this one.

Anyway, nothing to chase from my end at this point.

1 Like

@R_Welsh,
Very strange — glad to hear it is working though. I’ll leave this thread open for now in the event the issue reproduces again.

Hello,

So far, the issue I encountered with Xfinity/stream has not re-occurred.

I did find another item with the Roku Channel service that I believe has to do with tracker and ad blocks by Brave, and I can’t say it is a problem with Brave per se, but wanted to make the team aware of it. Should I open a separate item in the community channel to report, or do you want me to document here?

Regards,

Please open a new thread — if you want to add a link to this thread in the new one just to note that they may be related that is just fine.

Hello,

Makes sense. The two are unrelated, and I am still evaluating this other item to see if it is something worthwhile reporting. Thanks. As for the original issue, Xfinity/stream has been working fine. I expect we can just close and move on.

Thanks for the quick response and the guidance.

Regards,

1 Like