Unable to open external links WITH an active Brave tab open

Description of the issue:
Unable to open an external link or .html file with brave set as the default browser with an active brave tab open. However, external links work normally when no brave tab is currently active.

My searches on this forum have lead to 3 different listed solutions for problems similar to mine. However, NONE of the 3 listed solutions have worked for me.

They are:

1. Open Brave Settings
  2. Disable “close window when closing last tab”
  3. Restart Brave
  4. Open Brave Settings
  5. Enable “close window when closing last tab”

or

1. Clearing my cache

or

1. Reinstalling Brave

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open Brave
  2. Attempt to open any external link or .html

Actual Result
Nothing happens, no matter how many times I click any external link or .html. Even right clicking the link or file and saying “open with brave” does nothing. It works correctly when I “open with chrome” or “open with edge.” It is simply Brave that is failing to open.

Expected result:
The expected result is for the external link or .html file to open a new tab or window in Brave. This new tab or window should be open in addition to the tabs that were open prior to clicking on the external link.

Reproduces how often:
Every time I attempt to open an external link or .html while any active Brave tabs are running.

Operating System and Brave Version:
OS is Windows 10
Brave Version is
Brave Version

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.