Brave will not open hyperlinks clicked in other applications - windows

i’m opening another post because i can’t reopen an clossed post. i have the same problem, should no be closed until it’s resolved, thanks

When a hyperlink outside is the browser is clicked Brave does not open. If Brave is already open it does not open the link. This also happens when something is clicked in another application that should direct to a particular URL, for example a game’s site in Steam or clicking the Plex icon in the systems tray. The only way I can get it to work is by right-clicking and copying the URL and pasting it into Brave. Hyperlinks clicked in Brave work fine:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Click a hyperlink or something else that should open the browser and redirect to a certain URL.
2.Nothing happens.

**Expected result: Brave should open to the specified URL.

**Brave Version( check About Brave ): Version 1.17.73 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Windows 11. Brave is set as the default Browser. It is also set as the default for HTTP:// and HTTPS:// protocols. When the default browser is changed to Firefox or Edge clicking hyperlinks or outside applications works like normal, hence why I suspect it’s something with Brave causing this. I appreciate any help you can provide.

https://community.brave.com/t/brave-will-not-open-hyperlinks-clicked-in-other-applications/184061

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.