Unable to click on claim button on Rewards page

Briefly describe your issue:
I’m unable to click on the orange button “Claim” on the top right side of the brave://rewards page. It’s simply unresponsive. It doesn’t do anything. It’s been like that since I started using the browser months ago. I have at this moment accumulated three Claim buttons.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
I’m using Linux Debian Bullseye, kernel 5.10.70-1.
Browser: Version 1.31.88 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No.

What date did you verify your wallet?
N/A.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
N/A.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
N/A.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
N/A.

Here you can see an image of what I see. None of the Claim buttons do anything.

Thank you for your support.

Anyone with any idea of why this may be happening and what can I do to fix it? I’m always updating the Brave browser to the latest version via apt but I keep getting the same situation, just some buttons that don’t do anything when clicked. I’m willing to debug this with anyone who knows what would be the next steps.

By opening the Inspect / Debugging window and going on the Console tab, I can’t find any JavaScript errors. By going to the event listener I can identify that there’s a click event for the button tag (which are the Claim Reward buttons) that call VM8 brave_rewards_page.bundle.js line 76 which is simply the minified version of the whole JavaScript on this file. After un-minifying (beautifying) the JavaScript I can see that the reward button click event calls the line below:

function cn() {}

Now I’m not a JavaScript developer but it seems to me that the Claim Reward button is simply calling a function with nothing inside, so it’s supposedly perfectly normal for my browser to be behaving this way. The question is: why is it doing that? Why is it only my browser? Why it seems other people are not running through this on Linux? And finally, what can I do to fix this?

I hope I have given enough information for either the Brave support team or anyone else with knowledge of this situation to help me progress on solving this issue.

I had the same thing this month with the claim button not doing anything, but found the solution in another topic. What worked for me was going to Settings, and then in the Appearance area turning off “Hide Brave Rewards button”.

1 Like

This workaround was enough for me to be able to claim the rewards, which is very good. Thank you very much for sharing this knowledge.

That being said the original bug is still problematic and the fact that one has to change a specific setting on the browser to be able to retrieve the rewards is quite bad. Hopefully someone from Brave will take notice of this thread and apply a fix.

Thanks again dave2319.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.