Expected result:
Bookmark created

Reproduces how often:
Everytime

Operating System and Brave Version:
Android OS version: Android 9; SM-N950U Build/PPR1.180610.011
Brave version: Brave 1.0.92, Chromium 73.0.3683.90

Additional Information:
According to similar bug reports, this issue has cropped up before but had been reported fixed in earlier builds.

2 Likes

@jsulmeyer,
Seems to work on my end – Samsung S9+
If you disable the bottom toolbar (Menu --> Appearance) are you able to add bookmarks from that menu?

Thank you for your reply. The bottom toolbar was already disabled. I tried enabling it and got the same error.

@jsulmeyer,
Will have to dig further into this. To confirm, you’re using a Galaxy note 8?

Yup. Galaxy Note 8 (AT&T)

1 Like

I’m using Brave 1.0.92, Chromium 73.0.3683.90 on a Samsung tablet SM-T580 running Android 8.1.0. I’m not experiencing any issues either.

@mattches Are you running Android Pie on your S9+ ?

Yes, Android Pie.
Have to dig a bit further into this @jsulmeyer. Thank you for your patience and I’ll get back to you when I have more information.

Well, I have good new and bad news: I deleted the cache for the mobile app but this did not solve the issue. Then, I synced my mobile bookmarks with my tablet, exported my passwords to a CSV file and deleted and reinstalled the app and that did the trick. Now I can save bookmarks.

Now the bad news: I re-signed my phone with my tablet, which added my mobile bookmarks back to my phone, but I cannot find a way to import my hundreds of passwords back into my phone from the exported file. The passwords never synced with my tablet to begin with, only the bookmarks, so they didn’t reappear on my phone after the reinstall and re-sync. I did a little poking around online and it would appear that there is no way to import exported passwords back into Brave. How can that be??

1 Like

@jsulmeyer,
I do apologize for the inconvenience there – as much as I hate to say it those PWs are gone it seems. Brave Sync only syncs bookmark data at this time, with passwords and other browsing data to follow.

There is a #PasswordImport flag that can be enabled but it looks like the feature doesn’t work in Brave or Chrome (looking into this feature in further detail). That said, I will open an issue to add this feature or, at the very least, investigate the flag mentioned above to see why it won’t function when enabled.

Thank you for your reply. Do you think, if I hold on to that exported passwords file that I created, that there will, at some point, be the ability to import those passwords back into Brave?

1 Like

do hold on but please store it in a safe place. I am 97% sure brave would make such feature possible

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.