Unable to access to my cookies list

Since yesterday i have issues accessing gmail and sometimes youtube. Looking on this forum i found out that looks like I’m not the only one having this problem in these days and someone suggest to clear/delete cookies. I tried to follow this advice but when i go on Settings → Privacy & security → Cookies and data sites, it starts loading endleassly. What can I do?

I am using Brave 1.44.105

You can also go here and remove some storage and stuff brave://settings/content/all

not the same but maybe the files got weird, like locked.

If it doesn’t work you can always manually delete the files

%localappdata%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default

Cookies file is in Network folder.

Then we have folders in charge of other stuff:

IndexedDB (Databases)
Local Storage
File System (which can’t be easily cleared unless you go to brave://settings/siteData but it is used by Mega)
Service Worker (Service Workers and Cache Storage)

so close the browser and delete or rename the folders and the cookie file and see which one is locking the settings.

Just tried but nothing changed

Well you could always reset the browser, it removes cookies, disables extensions, but doesn’t really affect too much the browser as you might think.

Or you could test renaming the preferences file and see if that changes something, so you can revert and decide what you want to do.
Maybe the Customized behaviors, the list of allowed cookies and all that got messed up and that’s managed by the Preferences file, so it can be a test to do.

I mean in that case I guess would be better just to go brave://settings/clearBrowserData and reset site settings (which controls shields as well) and see if something changes.

It should be a weird bug, maybe because of the update(s) this week or something.

I already tried this aswell and when i confirm to reset it starts doing a loading endless

All got fixed with latest update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.