All cookies periodically deleted regardless of settings

Every so often, it seems like every few days, every one of my frequently visited websites starts giving me allow cookies requests. It’s tedious to have to click on the banners and some sites have more than one for different purposes.

I’ve scoured the settings looking for clues but as far as I can tell, everything is set to allow cookies. To be absolutely certain of that, there is nothing selected at all in the three tabs of the ‘Clear browser data’ settings and only cross-site cookies are blocked.

So, I don’t know what is causing this. I can’t see anybody else having this problem so I doubt it is a bug.

Hi @okulo, welcome to Community!

If you go to brave://settings/content/cookies you can try adding the sites you want cookies on to the Allow section.

Also, there are some settings in that section that you may want to check out. e.g. Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended) or Clear cookies and site data when you quit Brave

Thanks for the reply.

As can be seen from the screen grab, I already had the settings you recommended.

I’ve added two of the sites I visit regularly but not added the rest as a control so that I can see if it has any effect. There were already some sites listed but I don’t know how as I have not added them manually.

Capture-0674

If you visit a site and disable Sheilds,
e.g.

It will add it to the Allow list automatically.

Ah, thanks.

The sites I can think of which have been asking for cookie permissions don’t have advertising on them so I have never felt the need to down shields. I did explore the shields looking for an answer but I couldn’t see anything specifically about cookies.

I’m going to assume that the problem is solved, thanks.

1 Like