Translate is not working again

Again no translation possible. Sometimes it works, mostly not.

Hello @Bert.10

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Brave. Can you give an example of one of the extensions you tried to use?

Be waiting for your response and have a great day!

@Bert.10 When you share issues, please always make sure to provide the basic information (people won’t always try to search through all of your prior posts/topics). Without it, you really won’t get any good help.

• What version of Brave are you using?

• Which OS are you using (don’t just say Windows, Android, etc. Say like Windows 11, Android 10, etc)

• What website(s) are you trying that isn’t being translated?

• Are you getting any error or what’s happening when you try to translate?

• Does it work in Private Window?

ALWAYS, you need to at least explain what version of Brave you’re using and what OS. It’s kind of key in investigating issues and providing assistance.

I just tested on some sites, such as https://www.konami.com/siteinfo/ja/shorturl.html and Brave was able to translate for me. There were some delays on a couple sites, but they all translated. I’m on Windows 11 Pro with Brave Version 1.46.140

Alice, they are talking about Brave Translate. This is Brave’s built-in translation capability. They had posted about this issue last week when it was being fixed. You can see that at Translate function not working

That should have been fixed at NOTICE: Brave Translate currently unavailable due to server issues and I’m not sure if the servers are yet again having problems or what issue might be happening. Of course, we need @Bert.10 to make sure to provide more details, such as websites is trying to translate, in order to investigate.

1 Like

Hello @Bert.10

As @Saoiray mentioned to make sure to provide the correct solution, Could you kindly share the following:

• What version of Brave are you using?
    • Which OS are you using (don’t just say Windows, Android, etc. Say like Windows 11, Android 10, etc)
    • What website(s) are you trying that isn’t being translated?
    • Are you getting any error or what’s happening when you try to translate?
    • Does it work in Private Window?

Be waiting for your response!

Hello Allice, I don’t use translate extensions. The only extensions that I use are a password manager (True Key) and Addguard.

Hello Saoiray,

I’m using the latest version 1.46.140 Chromium: 108.0.5359.99
I’m on windows 11.
I’m having this problem on all foreign (non Dutch) websites.
Sometimes I get a message that a translation is not possible.
And in a private window I have the same problem… no translation.
I tried www.konami.com no translation.

Greetings Bert

Hi Saoiray,

And now I it’s working again. Weird…

And now it’s not working again… :unamused:

@Bert.10 I think you’re seeing what I mentioned, about delays. It may be that they are having intermittent issues with the server again. I’ll tag @Mattches in hopes he sees it, if it’s he’s working today. Figure him or maybe even @Alice2095 can forward the concern to the right team on it so they can investigate again.

Ok, Saoiray and thanks.

1 Like

Hello Alice,

This is what I have send to Saoiray:

I’m using the latest version 1.46.140 Chromium: 108.0.5359.99
I’m on windows 11.
I’m having this problem on all foreign (non Dutch) websites.
Sometimes I get a message that a translation is not possible.
And in a private window I have the same problem… no translation.

I’m still have no translation.

Greetings Bert

Hey @Saoiray @Bert.10

Sure, I’ll share this information with my support team, so they can be aware about the issue!

:+1: Thanks Alice. I hope that the support team can fix this.

1 Like

Looks like it was wavering a bit but it should be all good now:
https://status.brave.com/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.