Tracking of Donations?

payments

Hey, just a simple question.

Is there a way to track from what sources my BAT tips are coming? Like specific web pages on my website or specific videos on my YouTube channel?

0 Likes

Hi @CrackingCrypto,

Not currently. Your publishers statement is only list your domain/channel name. But IMHO it’s nice to have that kind of info.

cc @mandar @Asad on this

0 Likes

The donations system is designed to be completely anonymous. We’re giving some other possibilities consideration as well (there are some use-cases that would call for public tipping–say for example donating to a live Twitch stream), but at the moment there is no way of tracking this sort of thing.

0 Likes

What I’m interested in tracking is what page did they decide to donate the bat token at. Specifically let’s say I have a Blog writer, and I would like to give him a portion of the bat tips that were donated it when somebody was viewing his article. I would like to have a back end or I could pull up which page people decided to donate at, and then give the tips to the person who created the content on that page. Four-seat if you

0 Likes

I think it’s unlikely that we’ll implement what you’re asking for. A malicious website operator could encode information about the people visiting their site in the URL. When they see which “pages” generate donations, they’d know who those donations are from.

0 Likes

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes