Viewing BAT transactions for those who have tipped my site

I run a small forum, and receive BAT tips from my users. I’d like to offer a badge (sort of like Reddit Gold) to those who regularly support my site. Is there a way to look up BAT transactions?

No. It’s not possible.

Something like that is not possible at this time. However, they are looking at building something along those lines as part of Pay With BAT that they are the midst of building in the changes to Rewards happening this year.

That said, tipping itself has always been intended to be done privately and thus no record of who tipped when you received it. I’m not sure if they’ll be revamping that aspect as the changes occur or if it’ll exist alongside the p2p tipping and Pay With BAT options. We’ll figure that out and more as it all gets closer to happening.

Ah, wait. That makes sense. Privacy MUST be protected if we are to keep from slipping into a dystopian future. I agree with Snowden “Arguing that you don’t care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don’t care about free speech because you have nothing to say.”

I’ll wait for the “Pay with BAT” for a future case, and hope they keep the tipping anonymous. Thanks for helping me think through this issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.