Tor Window Proxy error

Description of the issue:
(Same issue as reported in Tor Window NOT working)

I installed Brave via apt-get on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS - everything works perfectly except for the Tor-browsing private window. Every URL I put in gives me the an ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED error.

I also have the official Tor Browser installed which works perfectly, so there is nothing about my system fundamentally preventing Tor from running. I tried uninstalling the Tor browser thinking there was a port conflict (which according to Change port from 9050 should not be the case) and it had no effect.

When I run lsof when both the tor browser and brave are running, it shows tor listening on 9150 and 9151 only - not on any in the 92xx range.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Install Brave on Ubuntu 18.0.4.3 LTS using the instructions at https://brave-browser.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installing-brave.html#linux
  2. Launch Brave
  3. Select “New Private Window with Tor” from the brave menu

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Navigating to the URL entered.

Reproduces how often:

Every single time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

I see no information logged in the system console. Is there a way to enable more verbose logging when launching brave?

I have started experiencing the same problem today. I have no problem with the standard Brave browser (or any other browser). But today all I get when using TOR is: No Internet

There is something wrong with the proxy server or the address is incorrect.

Try:

ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.