Three Issues With Brave Browser

@Ahtel I can’t speak for anyone at Brave since I don’t work for them, but let me give you a quick rundown on some things here as someone who spends time helping here. Let me also clarify, I’m just naturally “blunt” and just going to point things out. Nothing here to be condescending or anything. I’m just answering and advising so can try to give some answers to your complaint(s) and concerns.

I’ll do a reply under this to focus more on the issues you have. This first reply is just to address your complaints about people not responding to your topics.

1. The first is that I originally didn’t see your other posts. There are a lot of people who post and it’s easy to miss things. This is usually where it’s suggested for people to keep topics alive. That said, I did see your other post today from someone responding, but that leads to point #2 as an issue:

2. You provided no details and/or never posted in appropriate categories. Like Browser Keeps Closing Out is Uncategorized uncategorized. Reboot causes ALL login information to vanish was put under Desktop Support but you deleted the template that asked you questions, which means you therefore never provided any of the information wanted/needed. Then Copy and Paste Not Working on Brave Browser only was put under Web Compatibility but the topic had nothing to do with compatibility with websites…plus again you deleted the template rather than answering questions provided. Then to Reboot causes ALL login information to vanish you did Desktop Support but again erased the template and provided no details.

When you go to create a topic and choose a category, it does like below:

The text is as follows:

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

Notice how the warning on top says topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to.

What I can tell you as someone who spends a lot of time helping people, it gets time consuming. And it is annoying to frequently have to ask people to share what OS they are using, which version of Brave, etc. This is especially true when it’s part of the template for information that is requested when they are initially seeking help. What tends to happen is we see empty topics like yours and the most we can do is ask you for the info, then there can be a long time before people reply. In the meanwhile, we’re not guaranteed to see the reply. So yeah, it’s best to give as much information and details as you initially can so that we can hopefully give you the answer in the first replies.

1. In terms of support tickets, there are none for browser issues. Support tickets only exist for Rewards, Creators, and Premium products. All browser related issues requires topics to be opened here and information to be provided.
7 Likes