The search is still producing liberal results, even worse than Google

I do not intend to come off as “aggressive”, just “firm”.

The word “bias” in this context implies that we, as a company, favor showing certain results over others. We do not do this. The only “bias” that exists in our search is due to site “popularity”. So you are seeing this appear in the search where it does due to the current state of the web — I highly implore you to read @sampson’s and @solso’s explanations I linked to above. They do a very good job of explaining exactly what it is that you are seeing. I will re-link to them below. I will however pull a quote from @solso’s response:

There is some confusion between censorship and bias. Brave does not practice censorship; there is no intentional suppression of results due to politics or ideology[1]. Regarding bias, we do have “biases”, but not the type being discussed in this thread. There is no bias towards liberal or conservative media—we don’t even have information regarding the ideological leanings of sites across the Internet.

The strongest “bias” is towards popularity, but there are many other influencers to consider as well[2]. Popularity of course does not equate to truth—everybody knows that—however statistically speaking it works in most of the cases. Where does it fail? On controversial topics where the opinion of the majority might not be correct. Search engines tend to favor the most popular content, provided that the terms of the user’s query match the content with confidence. In the majority of cases, different views and opinions will be represented in the results. But in some cases, one view may take the whole page. It’s as simple as that, Occam’s razor.

Brave Search is not being influenced by any other 3rd parties. Nobody pays us to have their results rise to the top and our search does not lean towards an ideology. So searching “children library homeschool” and seeing an “atheist/leftist” curriculum appearing towards the top of the results is not a result of bias, but one of popularity as @solso explains.

We do our best to keep our search results as neutral as possible and go further by providing Goggles (which you are saying do not work for you, I get it — although I would still recommend searching for Goggles other than “conservative” — such as “right-leaning news” — for example and see if you get better results there) for users to employ to better filter their results to match what they want to see. This is far more than any other search engine goes with respect to this subject.