Tabs are being re-sequenced without action from me

For the second time today, Brave has completely re-sequenced my tabs - I usually have about 50 open. As I say, it has happened twice today - but never before in the three months or so of using the browser.

I cannot recall what I was doing at the time, but I can say that it was nothing special.

I can add that I was using Tab Groups - and the auto re-sequence fault impacted grouped tabs as well - some grouped tabs were removed from their respectinve groups.

Not long after turning to Brave, from Firefox, I set it as my default browser. But I am afraid I will have to review this decision if this matter cannot be fixed.

Finally, is there a method I can use to save a copy of my tab layout, and then re-import it in case of another similar failure?

I am using Brave Version 1.64.116 which I believe is the latest version.
This is running on Windows 11 version 23H2 which is fully updated.

@dc696969,
Wondering if you have any extensions installed at this time? I can’t think of any reason your tabs would be reordered other than some extension interference. Additionally, to confirm, all the tabs were still there, they were just in a different order across the top of the screen?

Yes, I had not thought of that. There were three extensions installed:

• Bookmark Sidebar
  • Tabs To Front V2
  • AI Tab Optimiser Plus
    I have now disabled the last two. I should also say that I have no record of ever having installed AI Tab Optimiser Plus.
    To your other question, I don’t believe any tabs were removed, just re-ordered.

Do you have a response to my other question about saving a copy of my tab layout which can be imported if this occurs again?
Thanks

There is no way to do this that I’m aware of. Mostly because, with the exception of an extension or some other software interfering, the browser will not change your tab order. In fact, I personally have quite literally never seen this happen before (again, outside of external interference).

Ok.
Thank you Mattches for your help.