TAB switching shortcuts

Coming from Firefox, I had two ways to switch between tabs: ctrl-alt+left/right arrow to move left or right sequentially. Then ctrl-tab to switch between last used tabs.

Brave added the option to switch between last used tabs using ctrl-tab. But enabling this causes ctrl-alt+left/right to also switch between last used tabs and not sequentially left/right.

Basically I want to be able to enable ctrl-tab for last used, but keep the ability to move left/ right sequentially using ctrl-alt and the arrow keys.

Thanks.

Do ctrl+pgup and ctrl+pgdn switch sequentially?

Thanks for the reply. ctrl+pgup/pgdn follow the same pattern - sequentially when “cycle through most recently used tabs with ctrl+tab” is off, but switches to recently used tabs when it is on.

1 Like

Right, I see what your saying. Interestingly, for me ctrl+alt+left/right doesn’t switch between last used tabs when “cycle through most recently used tabs with ctrl+tab” is enabled. In fact, that combination stops doing anything at all. :thinking:

Ah - I should clarify that I’m using a Mac - and the combination is in fact cmd+alt+left/right.

In any case, the issue seems to be the same. Until this is resolved, I’ll stick to keeping the option turned off as sequential switching using left/right is probably more useful for me. But be nice to have both :man_shrugging:

Yeah definitely, especially since Mac key bindings currently seem to have a triple degeneracy already:
cmd+tab = cmd+pgdn = cmd+alt+right
cmd+shift+tab = cmd+pgup = cmd+alt+left
Surely one set can be spared for sequential cycling when in cycle through recent tabs is enabled, and vice versa. You have my vote.