TAB switching shortcuts

Coming from Firefox, I had two ways to switch between tabs: ctrl-alt+left/right arrow to move left or right sequentially. Then ctrl-tab to switch between last used tabs.

Brave added the option to switch between last used tabs using ctrl-tab. But enabling this causes ctrl-alt+left/right to also switch between last used tabs and not sequentially left/right.

Basically I want to be able to enable ctrl-tab for last used, but keep the ability to move left/ right sequentially using ctrl-alt and the arrow keys.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. ctrl+pgup/pgdn follow the same pattern - sequentially when “cycle through most recently used tabs with ctrl+tab” is off, but switches to recently used tabs when it is on.

1 Like

Ah - I should clarify that I’m using a Mac - and the combination is in fact cmd+alt+left/right.

In any case, the issue seems to be the same. Until this is resolved, I’ll stick to keeping the option turned off as sequential switching using left/right is probably more useful for me. But be nice to have both :man_shrugging:

Yes, I was completely dumbfounded today by the fact that enabling ‘Cycle through the most recently used tabs with Ctrl-Tab’ changes the behaviour of Ctrl-PgDn and Ctrl-PgUp as well. Please fix this!

Can’t believe this doesn’t work properly.

1 Like

Please fix/implement this feature. Jumping between tabs that are either right next to each other or at the far ends of the window are things even the most casual users do frequently.

Having separate shortcuts rather than having to touch the mouse for one of these tasks would be a godsend.

1 Like

On my Dell xps ctrl+Fn + PageUp/Down works prety well, if that helps anybody…
Also ctrl+w to close tab may be handy

YES! I had recently switched back to Brave for work – as I need to work with several Google doc tabs, and Firefox wasn’t handling the insane RAM requests well (i.e. it crashed constantly, suffocated by Google…).
I thought my memory was failing me when the usual Ctrl+Shift+left /+right button didn’t do anything.
I NEED this function in my work desperately! I don’t care for MOVING tabs - what is that good for? – I need to MOVE TO tabs to the right and left quickly, i.e. with keyboard shortcuts. PLEASE give us that as a setting option!

For any action associated with a keyboard shortcut in the browser, you can now customize the shortcut itself to your liking in Settings --> System --> Shortcuts:

Simply search for the action you’d like to change and click Add to change the shortcut to your liking.

Thank you