Tab Scrolling feature has been disabled in latest update 12 January 2023

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open multiple pages of tabs in Brave
  2. Enable any version of brave://flags/#scrollable-tabstrip
  3. Notice there are no scroll controls and so no ability to scroll tabs
  4. This worked on 12 January 2023. It no longer works on 13 January 2023
  5. My guess is the latest version update broke this somehow as the latest update is dated 12 January 2023

Expected result:
Expected to have tab scrolling controls to right of tabs
Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.47.171 Chromium: 109.0.5414.87 (Official Build)(64-bit)
Additional Information:
Windows 10

It still works for me if I use the mouse wheel on the tab strip. But yes I think the buttons might have disappeared. I’m not 100% certain because I hardly ever used them, but you may be right.

Looks to me like it may have been split off into a different option here: brave://flags/#tab-scrolling-button-position

2 Likes

OK. Awesome. That actually fixed it. Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for providing the solution but it’s ludicrous that Brave hide this in the first place. It’s bad enough there’s been two updates within four days.

It’s very likely to have been changed upstream by Chromium.

All features under ‘flags’ are technically experimental and could go away at any time.

Of course we hope they don’t, I don’t like it either but that’s life under Chromium unfortunately. On the other hand, we can probably voice feedback in the Chromium bug tracker to encourage the devs to mainline such features.

Well, that’s a problem with the Chromium people then. It is incomprehensible that tab scrolling is an experimental feature in 2023.

In any event back to working now. Hopefully they do not kill it again.

1 Like

I always have far too many tabs open - so I use the tab strip scroll buttons feature all the time.
I found the latest Brave update, with the new renamed flag had stopped the arrows being displayed in my Tab Strip.
Took me hours to find this post.
Enabling the flags option below (as per JimB1’s post) solved the issue for me.

(brave://flags/#tab-scrolling-button-position)
Tab Scrolling Buttons
Enables buttons on the tab strip to scroll left and right when full – Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, Fuchsia, Lacros
[#tab-scrolling-button-position]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.