Tab groups in brave://flags killed Brave

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:
I enabled Tab Groups Save in brave://flags.

The browser restarted w/ no issues.

However, when I REBOOTED my machine, Brave would launch, show an outline for the pages I had opened previously and then they would ALL disappear. Brave never showed up as running in Task Manager at all.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

• Open Brave
  • Goto brave://flags
  • Find Tab Groups Save
  • Enable Tab Groups Save
  • Brave restarts
  • Brave works fine
  • Rebooted PC
  • Brave launches, shows outlines of the pages that were open and they all disappear
  • No instance of Brave running at all in Task Manager
  • Uninstalled Brave
  • Renamed old Brave folder in %AppData%
  • Reinstalled Brave
  • Brave works fine

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

• Brave restarts
  • Brave works fine
  • Rebooted PC
  • Brave launches, shows outlines of the pages that were open and they all disappear
  • No instance of Brave running at all in Task Manager
    Expected result:
  • Brave should have worked with no issues AFTER the reboot as it was before the reboot
    Reproduces how often:
    3 times
    Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
    Win10 Pro,
    Version 1.52.126 Chromium: 114.0.5735.133 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Additional Information:

I still want to be able to save tab groups within Brave. Please advise how I do so.

Thank you.

Use and extension like Tab Groups Extension

That flag was causing issues with Brave, now it is working fine https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1434880, but it was a Chromium issue, which I reported it long time ago but then I was given that link.

Fixed for Brave Nightly with Chromium 114, so you will have to wait for a fix?

if not just use the extension which will work better and nicer and easier.