Sync v2, total failure

Description of the issue:

Sync v2 basically does nothing. Set it up on my “master” PC after it told me it needed upgrading, and chose the parts I wanted to be sync’d. Went to second PC and added it to the same sync chain, with the same options enabled. Waited. Nothing happens. Waited some more. Checked in the sync settings for both PCs by refreshing the Sync settings page, it now only shows the one PC in the chain on both PCs, itself only, and all the sync settings are reset back off.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Set up Sync v2

Expected result:
Sync’ing and options to be saved - doesn’t help there is no Save button so you have to assume something is saved.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.12.112 Chromium: 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Both PCs are Windows 10 and were sync’ing just fine with Sync v1.

1 Like

@Taomyn,
Thanks for the information. So to make sure I understand the situation your process was:

1. Setup PC1 w/Sync v2. All desired data type options were enabled/disabled on the main Sync page.
  2. Go to PC2, enable Sync v2, use the Sync code provided on PC1 to add PC2 to the same chain.
  3. After waiting, data is not Synced, only one PC is shown on device list and the Sync settings are reset.

Is that correct?
If so, can you please tell me:

1. Which PC is the one that is still listed on the devices list?
  2. Did you have Sync v1 enabled in either or both of the PCs before updating?
  3. Have you tried closing/quitting and re-launching the browser(s) entirely?

@Taomyn,
Also, you should make sure that – after the Sync settings are configured – that you close the Sync windows/tabs on each PC as it may force the browser to pause/wait before Syncing.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in responding. I left the two machines in question on overnight and come the morning nothing had changed. I then read your response and restarted Brave on both. I was then able to see the bookmarks sync on the second machine (as I had cleared the old ones before switching chain just to be sure), after that everything seemed to be working.

Overloaded backend systems perhaps? Anyway, all well now, thanks.