Supported Region showing as Not Supported - Aggregate Topic

Hi Steeven,

Yes indeed the Residency proof provided is BRP in my case for country UK.It is same as where I currently reside. Uphold team have confirmed as well on my profile being with UK address now.

Thanks.

I born from Poland. I moved to Ireland 2009 year.
I m now live in Ireland.
I have proof address to Ireland.
Passport and ID is Poland.

Thanks @ankurbhadra - did you also upload a passport when KYCā€™ing with Uphold? Trying to identify the gap.

Thank you @AuroNPL, I believe that is the root of this specific issue.

No. It was just the residence permit.
My current passport is of India.

@ankurbhadra can you DM me the email linked to your Uphold account? And just to triple check, at no point did you have to submit your passport to Uphold? I just saw your post above where your original KYC country with Uphold was not in the UK. Thanks in advance.

@steeven No. The passport was only submitted when I first opened my account with Uphold in 2020 that time I was in my home country. During the current Re KYC, only UK residency permit and bank statements were submitted as a address proof.

Sorry If I created any confusion.

Thanks

Thanks for checking in on all of these @steeven. Hope Iā€™m not annoying on this. Just wanted to get it all together and as seeing number of people, wanted to make sure all was seen and if there is something wrong, itā€™s known.

1 Like

@hutchnd the passport you used to KYC with Uphold was USA issued? You mention in one of your posts about traveling to your home country from Florida to your home country. Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Yes, ID and residency both in Holland. Been using rewards for years. Verified ID twice. To be fair, the second verification was after a move from another country around here. Citizenship never changed. Residency did not change for all years since either.

@jurriaan thanks, can you DM me the email linked to your Uphold account?

Looks like @Think4170ā€™s issue is now resolved and they have successfully verified with Uphold.

1 Like

@steeven my passport is not an US one, I gave ssn to uphold for verification not the passport, but I can log to uphold without an error, the problem when trying to sync brave with uphold.

That wouldnā€™t have been good enough. You would have had to provide a photo ID of some sort.

Hold a valid government-issued photo ID (Passport, National ID card, or Driverā€™s license).

• Take a clear picture of your valid photo ID, where every detail is readable and clear. Ensure the details on your ID match those on your Uphold account (legal name, no nicknames).

https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/articles/202766795-How-to-verify-your-identity#:~:text=To%20verify%20your%20identity%2C%20you,for%20at%20least%203%20months.

So what is it you used? Iā€™ve been learning more by watching as questions are asked and answered here. There have been people I spoke with where I said they needed to make sure KYC/AML was done and all information was the same. They said it was but then weā€™re starting to see some answers similar to yours, that their passport was from a different country or they didnā€™t submit documentation. If thatā€™s the case, it would mean they never completed KYC/AML or did so under a different region. That would be enough to cause the conflict which would have you unsupported.

Iā€™m just preemptively responding here and sharing, so others seeing this can consider this as well. But on top of that, Iā€™m sincerely curious if you had a photo ID that you submitted and you were able to do a complete KYC/AML with American information or what? But SSN isnā€™t photo ID, at least not American one.

actually I donā€™t remember providing any photos, if I gave, it would be a non-US passport, however, uphold said verified Verified on 08/04/2021, (not sure at that time they requested photos) I remember once provided them(uphold) with US electricity bill for reactivating uphold.

Looks like solved for Krisso as well

Seems like another one now.

Not sure what to say. Did you create a support ticket at all? If not, Iā€™d do that. Then also hoping Steeven will follow-up if he hasnā€™t already sent you a DM or something.