Mute a tab without switching to the tab

I think a recent update has broken this feature. It used to be possible to mute a tab that was not selected but now, I have to switch to the tab to mute it. Can this feature be restored in a future update. Great project & keep up the good work.

Hi and welcome. :smiley:

I have a question… Do you know anything about the below flag in brave://flags? I’m wondering what it does! Some articles I found were pretty old and said this was no longer available in Google Chrome. But then some recent ones say it became available again in the Chromium 100 release. Is this related to "It used to be possible to mute a tab that was not selected but now, I have to switch to the tab to mute it. " and would enabling that flag give you the “old” option back?

Tab audio muting UI control

When enabled, the audio indicators in the tab strip double as tab audio mute controls. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Fuchsia
#enable-tab-audio-muting

1 Like

I created the account just to warn about this… It’s quite annoying, I hope they can fix it soon

1 Like

I also created an account for this single issue. It looks like Brave have fixed this in the latest update…