UI/UX issue with mute tab button

Hey. I just want to report a slight issue I encountered with the browser that I personally found to be a bit of an annoyance.
When you have audio playing on a tab that is not the currently selected tab (e.g. you are reading this post while a youtube video is playing on another tab), a mute button is visible on the tab playing the audio. When you put your cursor on the mute button, the mute button suddenly jumps to the left and the “X”/close tab button takes its place. Now your cursor is on the “X”/close tab button which makes it easy to accidentally close a tab when you only meant to mute it.
Not sure if this is something that other people have encountered but I thought it was worth mentioning!

1 Like

Hey @adasdas ! Welcome to the community :smiley:

I have experienced this issue myself. I will pass along your feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

Porridge

I just noticed that this has been fixed. Awesome!
Its much better now.

Google has already fixed this bug, but just in case, I want to say that you could fix this problem yourself with the help of the WordPress application and minimal knowledge of UI/UX design. For some reason, most people think that UI/UX is hard, that they can’t learn it. And that’s absolutely not the case.

I created an account because of this issue not being resolved. I use Brave on a Macbook Pro, so please no questions about Windows, Chrome, or Firefox.

When I open multiple tabs from the same type of site (see: screenshot above), Brave links the sound for all of them and only lets me mute from whichever tab was opened first. Problem is, it may look like the same site, but there are different things playing in each tab. In my case, multiple tennis matches.

Sometimes, I need to mute certain tabs because of commercials, background music, or a loud noise during a break which interferes too much with other matches still in play.

Some streams are louder than others, so lowering or raising the volume within a tab isn’t always enough. Sometimes, I simply need to mute the 2nd & 4th tabs but keep tabs 1 & 3 in play, etc.

Can we please just fix this? I’ve seen multiple threads created about this issue dating back various years & it never seems to be adequately resolved. I’m very good about doing the regular Brave updates when prompted. Thanks.

Whenever the primary tab playing the sound for ALL of the similar tabs gets closed, it throws off all the other tabs. Meaning, the tennis streams will automatically pause / stop playing / freeze & start buffering.

If a tab refresh is insufficient, I have to close out all the streams, go into history, reopen them, & then select a new one to be the primary tab playing audio for all of the remaining tabs. It’s a nuisance.