Sites with notification request popups freeze

android

Description of the issue:
When websites ask permission to give notifications (android popup/dialogue), brave freezes.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Visit site that likes to give notifications eg Facebook.com

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Locks up. Have to swipe brave aside in tab view and relaunch

Expected result:
Obvious

Reproduces how often:
Always
Brave Version(about:brave):

Mobile Device details
Lenovo 8703f tablet
Android/iOS Version
Additional Information:
N/A

0 Likes

Issues raised in Brave Forum

Force stopped and cleared cache. Issue persists

And it freezes

0 Likes

@obvious,
I’m unable to reproduce this on my end when testing on my Android device (Samsung S9+).
Let me ask around and see if I someone on the team has a comparable table to test against.

Given the image you provided, I’m assuming this happens for any site requesting to show you notifications?

0 Likes

Yes, any site that requests notifications.

I haven’t uninstalled / reinstalled yet in case diagnostics are required

0 Likes

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

opened #6
0 Likes

@obvious,
There have been a few updates on Android since your initial issue, can you confirm that you’ve updated to the most recent Android release? Version 1.0.82 at the time of writing this.

Additional things to check:

• Try visiting a site with a prompt, turning your your Shields down for the site, then proceeding and see if the prompt crashes the browser.
  • If you view [the site] in Desktop view, does the notification still crash the browser?
0 Likes

I have the same problem. I tried the fixes you mentioned above but no luck.

1 Like

@Shashank,
Can you tell me the Brave version you’re using as well as what kind of Android device ?

0 Likes

@Mattches Brave version: 1.0.88
mobile : Huawei Honor 7x android 8.0

1 Like

Still looking into this – appreciate your patience.
Does the browser freeze for any pop-up or permissions requests or is it specific to requests to send notifications?

1 Like

sorry @Mattches for late reply. the browser freezes only for the notification requests.

0 Likes