Sites with notification request popups freeze

@adrymate9

You’re absolutely right – must have skipped right over it. Apologies for that.
I’m curious about a few things:

• If you open the main menu, go to Settings --> Site Settings --> Notifications, do you see any sites listed in either the Block or Allowed section? If so, which ones?
  • Again, open the main menu, then navigate to Settings → Notifications (this option is in the main Settings screen, not in Site Settings), do any sites appear in the lists here? If so, which and do they mirror the ones found in Settings --> Site Settings --> Notifications?
  • Last, when you visit any of these sites, are you able to tap the “lock” icon on the left side of the address bar to reveal the Site Settings dropdown?
1 Like

@Mattches When entering the routes that you suggest, just go to www.google.com (obviously I’m logged in). I send screenshot!

@adrymate9,
Did google.com prompt you to Block or Allow notifications like the other sites?

2 Likes

@Mattches I do not remember that with accuracy, if I’m sure I requested access to the location as soon as I entered with my google account.

The screenshots that I sent you is to confirm that it is the only site that appears in the sections that you consulted me.

At this moment in Brave I have google, twitter, facebook, instagram and Brave community accounts and only google appears in the notification menu in the configuration section.

I hope you understand.

1 Like

@adrymate9,
Would you be able to repeat the last test mentioned in my previous reply:

• Last, when you visit any of these sites, are you able to tap the “lock” icon on the left side of the address bar to reveal the Site Settings dropdown?

:point_up: Apologies if this was unclear – I’m curious if you can tap the lock icon (as you did in your image above) while on one of the sites requesting notification permissions (like fb or twitter).

2 Likes

@Mattches I tried with Twitter and if I could display the menu by clicking on the padlock. I send the screenshot

I wait your answer thank you.

Any progress on this issue? It is very important to me!. I need attention on this. Recover notifications on Brave Android! Please.

I’m having this same issue. I can’t click on the allow. I have to close out brave. I have location services allowed on my phone and the browser but still doesn’t let me click allow on the pop-up. Some sites I need to allow as I use for work.

2 Likes

It is a serious issue for me !. I need notifications on Brave Android.

Today I updated to the latest version and the problem is still not solved.

A response from developers to this topic would be good. I clarify that I use this browser, I like it and it is my favorite. I need to have push notification on the websites!

1 Like

I send 3 videos that can be of help! Unfortunately I still have no solution to the problem.

Review that my phone is a HUAWEI MATE 9 with Android 8.0.0
The version of Brave browser installed is 1.1.2 chromium 75.0.3770.143

It will be a great progress some help to solve the problem. Not only pra push notifications that I want from social networks, but also the web pages I need to work.

Thank you.

https://community.brave.com/uploads/short-url/mj0wJPoCNtxndb7kD4AZFF4xkWW.mp4

@adrymate9 sadly I’m no longer able to reproduce the issue – somehow it’s fixed on my end.

Did you able to dismiss the notification with back button? Also, did steps that @snuupy not work for you?

2 Likes

I have tried all the options and nothing fixes it! .

I do not understand what you mean with the button backwards?

Everything is so strange. I feel so sorry that this does not work on my phone.

I do not know if it is any application installed on my phone that will be interceding with Brave. I do not know what else to try.

I keep adding screenshots to see if it somehow helps detect the problem.

why is this issue ignored. there is no change even with the recent updates. please fix this. can someone get this to the developers notice

2 Likes

It is a pity that this claim is not heard. A pity, considering that it is a great browser and not even inform us if they will make the effort to solve or not.

2 Likes

upgrade:

It’s so strange, I get notifications correctly of video playback on instagram, for example.

But without my authorization, instagram appears as “locked” in the Brave notifications menu.

Obviously, I still don’t receive push notifications because the confirmation window is frozen.

Screenshot_20190726-214031 Screenshot_20190726-214143

I’m using a Samsung tablet. I get regular push notifications of news, and other alerts. Up until the last update I was able to click on the notification and the relevant page would open in Brave. Since the last update to v1.1.2 nothing happens when I click on any push notifications. Brave doesn’t freeze but it doesn’t react to the notification either. The push notifications just get hidden but remain available until I manually delete them whereas once they had opened in Brave (in the past), they would automatically be deleted.

2 Likes

Solutions are clearly lacking in this aspect of the project. I am referring to different problems related to push notifications. In my case I am in version 1.1.2.
I went through many updates and never answered the pop up. Remember that I use a Huawei Mate 9 with Android 8.0.0

Any news about this problem? …

What’s new about this problem? … I’m still waiting!Thank you.

I keep reporting on this topic so important to me.
These days I was testing another browser on my phone and I noticed that it has the same problem, the notification request popup for web pages is frozen

Brave Keep updating and there is no news about the improvement in this topic.

I am so sorry for the indifference of the developers!

1 Like