Sites say javascript is disabled, but javascript is enabled

Hi so for the past two weeks every singe website I go to on Brave browser says that javascript is disabled. I’ve checked atleast a dozen times and it is enabled globally. I’ve scoured forums, spent hours trying to fix this problem… cant find any solution. I’m to the point where I’m thinking I might have to uninstall Brave and then reinstall, however I’m worried that if I do that then I might lose my BAT rewards, my bookmarks, and my extensions. I have sync turned on and Brave on my computer is synced with Brave on my phone. I would prefer to find a fix without having to delete and then reinstall but if I can’t I suppose I’m going to have to try that. Does anyone anything to try to fix this problem? And also does anyone know what will happen if I delete Brave then reinstall?

Hi

@JerryGarcia

Give me a link of a problematic site.
Are you using W10?
Try opening sites in private mode.

Any site that has pictures or buttons or anything javascript, hard to think of one off of the top of my head but it’s pretty much every single website. What’s W10? And I’ll try that private mode thing out

Private mode seems to have fixed it… I wonder why. I tried reddit on normal mode and couldn’t see the upvote buttons, then went to reddit on private mode and the site looked normal.

Hi

If working in private mode, may be an extension is the source of the problem.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh you are the MAN (or Madame) !!! I had this random ass extension callled “NoScript”. I would’ve never thought to have looked at the extensions but when I started looking thru them and saw that one it was a no brainer after that! Thank you so much !!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.