Shields settings reset to default every time I clear history

Description of the issue:
Every day, I normally clear all browsing data (ctrl-shift-del), and restart the browser. When I do this, these Shields settings are reset to the default:

• Ad control
  • Cookie control
  • Fingerprinting protection

The HTTPS Everywhere and Script blocking settings are retained (turned off).

Also, when checking the settings right after clearing all browing data, it shows the old settings. A page-refresh must be done to see that the settings have been reset to the default.

This is really annoying, as now instead of just clearing all browing data and restarting the browser, I have to also go into the settings are re-do the Shields settings every day.

I have the Shields settings turned off because I’m using ublock-origin , HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, and Decentraleyes already and it’s redundant, and breaks some sites if Shields are UP.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Clear all browsing data (ctrl-shift-del, Advanced, Time range: All Time, check all boxes)
  2. Check Shields settings. It will show your settings having been retained. Do ctrl-R to refresh the page, and it will show the settings have been reset to the default.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Shields settings are not retained after clearing all browsing data.

Expected result:
Shields settings should be retained after clearing all browsing data. Note that I’m not talking about page-specific settings, but rather the Global setting. It’s fine if page-specific settings are deleted, as that would be expected.

There are no other global settings that I’m aware of that get reset to default when clearing all browsing data.

Reproduces how often:
Consistently, every time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10
Version 0.65.121 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.