Shields Scripts Blocked Count Mismatch

I don’t think this is a bug or a glitch per se but something that likely has an explanation I’ve been unable to find (I also tried searching Brave’s github page).

If I’m on a site and want to unblock scripts or subset of scripts for that session only (“apply once”), I click the drop down arrow by the number (next to scripts blocked). This will display the list of individual scripts that are blocked and I can pick & choose which to temporarily unblock.

I’ve noticed that frequently the number of individual scripts listed doesn’t match the number blocked on the main shields menu. For example, in the attached images you’ll see dailymotion.com indicates 8 scripts blocked in the main shields window but only displays 4 individual scripts in the detailed window.

shieldsmain indivscripts

Why is this?

I’ve also noticed that sometimes after selecting “allow once” in the detailed shields window, the site will reload and the detailed shields/scripts window will reload and display additional scripts that are blocked (but were not previously displayed) which sometimes then also need to be allowed for the site to properly load. I assume that is because allowing the first set of scripts results in those allowed scripts attempting to load other scripts which are then blocked and displayed in the detailed scripts menu. Is that right?

Can anyone help answer this question (maybe it fell through the cracks?).
Any insight you could pass on, @Mattches ?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.