Sharing from Mobile to PC is faulty

Description of the issue:
When I share a link from Brave on Desktop PC to my mobile device via right click on URL and the option “Send to”, it takes a little bit but it works fine. When I try to do the same but the other way around, from my mobile to my desktop PC, a popup opens saying that I should go to the Settings and activate the sync. The sync is already active and I have the newest version of the browser on both platforms. Sync chains have been newly activated after the Sync got upgraded to version 2.0.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open a website on mobile device using Brave
  2. Click on Share button and choose the option to share with my devices
  3. A popup will be shown that implies that the sync is not active and needs to be configured although it is already working

Expected result:
There should be a small popup like in Chrome or similar that allows me to choose the device which I want to share the URL with.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
PC: [Version 1.12.114 Chromium: 84.0.4147.135 ] 64-bit
Android: 1.12.113

Mobile Device details
Android 10 with newest security patch running on Samsung S20 Ultra without any software modifications.

Additional Information:
In order to reproduce the error, both devices must be connected to the same sync chain.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.