Sending link from desktop to mobile

Something that Chrome has that I found very useful is being able to send a link from desktop brave to mobile brave or vice versa. Is that available currently? I have not been able to figure it out if it is.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @cec25 ! Welcome to the community :smiley:

This has already been made into a feature request → Add 'open in PC browser' as a mobile sharing option. You should vote on features you would like to see implemented in Brave!

Porridge

1 Like

You can do that. Right click on any page and select Create QR code for this page. Scan the QR code from your mobile.
Screenshot 2021-06-29 222811

Reverse is not possible though (from mobile to pc).

1 Like

Very much right, I made a mistake.

Once you have Sync enabled across your devices you can right click (or hold if on mobile) a link and you will be prompted to send the link to another device in your Sync chain which will open it on the device.

You may experience a slight delay with the link going to your other device but it should reach.
This works vice versa on mobile and desktop.

Hope this helped clarify and sorry for the confusion!

Porridge

But @GreenBananaPorridge when I right click I don’t see an option to send the link to another device in my Sync chain. My attached image is above.

1 Like

Ah forgot to mention that you need to have Sync everything on here → brave://settings/braveSync/setup on the devices you want to have this capability with.

Let me know if it works for you @Aman_M !

Porridge

I have enabled sync everything. But I don’t see that still.

Screenshot 2021-06-29 224622

Hey @Aman_M !

Do you happen to be using an iPhone that you connected to your Sync?

Porridge

No. Windows laptop, Brave version- 1.26.67 Chromium: 91.0.4472.114 and Android mobile Brave Beta version- 1.26.50

1 Like

You are right. Apparently, Sync everything has to be enabled in mobile to receive the link. It need not be enabled in the desktop browser.
But I still don’t find option to send link from mobile to desktop.

1 Like

I just had to share the link and “Send to your devices”. This feature is there.

It comes to desktop like an ad notification-

PS: Sync Everything has to be enabled in receiving device.

I can send to my second laptop but no option to send to my phone

Same problem. Brave is set up correctly and I can send a URL but nothing happens on my phone (Google Pixel 4a5G).

What am I supposed to see on the phone? This is getting so complex…how is this feature superior to just texting or emailing the URL to myself? Sometimes I wonder if developers are trying to solve problems that don’t exist.

Now it’s January 2023. I still get nothing on my Pixel 6a when I share from my desktop. Can anyone tell me what is supposed to happen on the phone after I do the share?