Scroll-behavior: auto

I am hoping someone can help me with this.

I am really frustrated by an autoscroll behavior on the Asus support page for my motherboard. It is the only page I experience this problem on and it doesn’t happen with other browsers. So, for instance, if I load Edge and go to this page - no autoscroll behavior. Further, if I go to this page in Edge, right-click on the scroll bar, and select “Inspect” I get this in element.style:

element.style {

}

But if I load the same page in Brave, right-click on the scroll bar, and select “Inspect” I get the following:

element.style {
                    scroll-behavior: auto;
                }

I believe this style setting is causing the extremely annoying auto-scrolling behavior I want to get rid of. But it only seems to show up in Brave. How do I disable this or prevent this from happening?

With the inspector open I can actually check a box next to this style that draws a line through it which I would have assumed would shut the style behavior off, but it doesn’t. And it could be something else causing this behavior, but this is what I think it is at the moment. Any ideas?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Using Brave, load this URL: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-formula-model/helpdesk
  2. Select any of the topics (CPU/Memory Support, Driver and Tools, etc.)
  3. If in Driver & Tools, for instance, select OS - for instance, Windows 10 64-bit.
  4. Using the scroll wheel of your mouse or the scroll bar, scroll down just slightly

Watch as the page automatically scrolls to preset points further down the page making reading and navigation on the page extremely annoying and frustrating.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Processor|12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-12900K 3.19 GHz
Installed RAM|64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
Windows 10 Pro
Version|21H2
Installed on|‎11/‎27/‎2021
OS build|19044.1466
Experience|Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.