Uncontrolled Autoscrolling - how can I disable it?

windows

Description of the issue:

When I click on the down or up arrow, autoscroll often (but not always) kicks in, so that I have to manually scroll back to where I was, then it does the same thing over and over again . . . including occasionally if I just hover over the scrollbar. It is a serious and time-wasting PITA.

I am using an HP laptop with the built-in touchpad and no mouse. Currently using Windows 10 Home, though hopefully throwing it over soon for Linux.

Is there a way to set a default for autoscrolling to be ALWAYS OFF?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Click on up or down scroll bar arrow, or sometimes just hover over scroll bar on right. Auto scrolls a high percentage of the time.

Interestingly, I’m having autoscrolling issues just in creating this topic.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Same as above. No change.

Expected result:

Hopefully a way to disable this crap permanently.

Reproduces how often:

Often, as in annoyingly frequently.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Brave 0.25.304
V8 6.9.427.23
rev 3ecf323
Muon 8.1.8
OS Release 10.0.17134
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 69.0.3497.100

Additional Information:

I know this issue as been addressed here before, several times, but I’ve yet to see a suggestion that actually works to fix the issue. Thus far it seems to be poor programming, which no one seems to want to fix for once and for all, though I’m hoping that someone finally will.

I like Brave, but this is making it unreliable to the point of being a pain to use, which is a shame.

This is a known issue on this version and is currently outdated and unsupported and wont be fixed. We have moved to a different codebase and active development is on that. Request you to kindly install the supported version of brave-core. You can download the latest version from https://brave.com/download.

closed #3