Scroll bar doesn't dissapear

I have the same issue on a 2018 Mac Mini. Did everything @Aa-ron did - still persists.
Brave Version 1.8.96 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

I am running Catalina 10.15.4

Can you go to brave://settings/system
disabled hardware acceleration
and then relaunch Brave

@Aa-ron it’s already disabled for me

Enable it and then quit and restart Brave.

1 Like

@Aa-ron enabling and relaunching (and not disabling it again) seems to actually be working so far

@Aa-ron it’s come back again, not sure what made the change

@sj1919,
Can you recall anything that happened before the scroll bar reappeared? e.g. restarting Brave or any changes to the settings.

@Aa-ron no, it was random as far as I could tell

@Aa-ron will this ever be addressed? it’s been two months now since I first posted…

@Aa-ron checking back on this - I am still having this problem. and I do have the latest Brave

Hi @sj1919,
I don’t have an update for you unfortunately, we can’t reproduce the issue which makes solving it hard. And we have not had enough causes to find a link/cause.
However, I have found a workaround that can help. Here is an extension you can try downloading.

You can set the scroll bar Width and Height to 0, and that makes it invisible.
Again, we know this is not a solution, it’s a temporary workaround.

@Aa-ron thanks for your reply but I wouldn’t quite call that a workaround as it applies to all pages. I still want a scrollbar on the rest of my browser experience, just not when I am watching a fullscreen YouTube video

@sj1919,
If you can provide a screenshot of it the scroll bar while a video is full screen, that would be appreciated, I think it could be helpful going forward.

@Aa-ron

Ok, here’s one.

I had the same issue on a 16" MBP.

Enabling the Compositor threaded scrollbar scrolling flag in brave://flags worked for me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.