Screen greys out when I try to open a website and will not respond to any clicks!

I am running Windows 10 with latest updates. This started happening recently and does not happen on all websites, but it does happen on ones that I have used for a long time. The only work-around I found is to open the page in a different browser (like Firefox) with no problem.
Very frustrating!

Hey, welcome to Community! Can you try disabling hardware acceleration in the Settings > System menu?

I did that and the hardware acceleration is not turned on.

I did that and the hardware acceleration was off (not turned on) already.

So “I am running Windows 10 with latest updates. This started happening recently and does not happen on all websites, but it does happen on ones that I have used for a long time. The only work-around I found is to open the page in a different browser (like Firefox) with no problem.”

Websites that run have No-Thing To Do With The os And A fair Amoun To Do With Your DNS server and hosts file and All-Most Nothing To Do With The Browser. If youself have been noo-us-nooseing for websites that you “have used for a long time” then obviously you Were Not Con-Fed-DenceTrip/Con-Job Con-CERN-ed About It. Why Clu-ter Up The Forum For SomeThing You Are Not Con-CERN-ed about? #COnnectedIncidences #EverythingIsConnected #0Degrees #NoSeparation.

Actions speak louder than words.

You Choose The Bed You Lie In.

Have a nice day. ™

Steven Lynch Abundance That I AAM.

Love Is.
Infinity-Infinity And so it is… Now…

What kind of BS response is that? Can you write normally?

CAN YOU READ??? (That’s the only things that’s obvious here!) I started my comment with “This started happening recently” - didn’t I?

@ikofig I’d try disabling extensions, one-by-one, and see if that makes a difference. The fact that these sites suddenly broke might have been because of a buggy extension update etc.

Mine is doing it as well - with Hardware Acc off or on on a Mac and tried it with Brave ON and OFF, same results. When I search for an item at HomeDepot.com, it pulls up products, but when I click AT MY STORE, it all goes grey and cannot click anything… I have to refresh my screen to get control back.

So, I found a workaround - click and other open tab in Brave and then go back and the screen gets normal and responsive. Have no idea why it happens but this seems to work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.