Blank Screen issues [SOLVED]

With the very latest iteration under Linux (MX19) I find the blank screen issue as has been mentioned variously in (closed) topics here.

1. launch BB normally
  2. view a video on youtube
  3. click on home page (or any other web address) away from youtube
  4. black screen
  5. black screen does not crash the browser but the browser won’t be usable until the mouse is moved.

This happens on two platforms and in Linux as mentioned above as well as Windows.

@Bravado2020,
Thanks for reaching out to us.
This sounds like a Hardware Acceleration issue to me.
Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Hello Mattches,
Unfortunately, I have tried disabling hardware acceleration and several other command line entries all to no avail. The issue is not necessarily a big issue however, when BB in the previous iteration did not cause this blank screen issue, it is rather frustrating to now see it.

I have now marked this thread as resolved as the MX distro forum has worked through the problem and determined that it was an issue with their implementation of XFCE Power Manager. They rolled back their recent update which apparently coincided with the issues I’ve described. So all good now and thank you for your interest.

1 Like