Saved passwords disappeared after attempted update

Hi, I have Brave version [Version 1.47.186 Chromium: 109.0.5414.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)], Windows 7. It had told me I wouldn’t receive any more updates for awhile now, because I use Windows 7. I had checked the box a little while ago, to not see the message concerning Windows 7 again.
This morning, I opened my browser, opened a tab, it still shows my saved websites, so I clicked to go to Facebook…it brought me to the sign in page. Before this, when I first opened the browser, it had a message about disabling messages concerning cookies, then it showed the same message about not getting more updates, because I have Windows 7. I thought this was odd, since I had checked the box to stop this message.
Then as I tried to go to each website, I normally check in the morning, each had the sign in page. I checked my saved passwords in Brave, and they are gone.
I did some research, and found where to check the log in file in Users/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/User Data/Default. It appears all the websites are still in there, but no way to access the passwords.
I’m afraid to even turn on my wife’s computer, being afraid hers has done the same thing…she isn’t computer savvy, so any problem she has, is my problem also.
Please help, as I have several years of passwords, and have never had a problem like this before.

I also had all my passwords and bookmarked site disappeared an I had to reset up Brave rewards today

1 Like

I don’t think the passwords issue is related to your old version. Even more recent versions have this issue. So far I have not seen any solution in this forum. But many users complained about it. And it has happened several times to me.
As far as I have observed, it seems to be related to updates. But there is no clear pattern. Some updates go well, with others the saved passwords vanish.

2 Likes

Yeah, it says I can’t receive any more updates, but I think it attempted to update, just enough to screw me up. That’s why my version is older, my Google gives the same message.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.