Saved passwords are not updated

I have noticed that auto login doesn’t seem to work recently.

Today, I just changed a saved password and I got prompted to update password and I clicked Update but when I went into the Settings > Autofill, and I viewed the password, it was not updated.

Brave Version 1.46.153

1 Like

Hello there @emkf thanks for reporting this and accept my apologies for the issue. Could you please try creating a new Brave profile and try updating your passwords to see if the issue persist there?

You can open a new profile by going to Main menuCreate a new profile

Let me know if that works.

Hi @Kevin_cc.

Thanks for the prompt response and sorry for my late response.

I don’t think I have a profile setup so I am going to try out your suggestion and see how it goes.

1 Like

@emkf hi again, please let me know if that works or if the issue persist in order to further investigate.

I just updated a password after creating a profile and it works.

1 Like

@emkf hi again, if it works on the new profile, please try disabling your extensions, if you have any, to see if that solves the issue

1 Like

Some of my saved passwords disappeared.

I don’t know if this is related to my OP. It looks like it isn’t since many of the passwords got carried over to the new profile but I don’t know for sure because of the timing of when this happened.

1 Like

@emkf does the passwords you are missing appear on your original profile or they are lost from both your profiles?