Saved group tabs keep disappearing

Description of the issue:

I have about 5 saved group tabs with various numbers of tabs per group and they keep disappearing whenever I’m launching Brave at the start of the day. Whenever I use the browser, normally all grouped tabs along with other tabs that aren’t on a group open as usual but a few days or so I no longer see them opened, as well as the icons on the toolbar (left part of the folder bookmarks).

Now I’d recreate all the saved group tabs every time it happens. Today is the 4th time it happened and I apologize if I’m also unable to locate a similar issue/solution here in the community.

The only thing that is opening up is a couple of tabs that were opened from yesterday’s session. These do not belong to the grouped tabs. Thank you for the help!

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. I use Brave after turning on the PC and all my saved group tabs are gone

Expected result:
restoring all my saved group tabs

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v 1.68.137
Windows 10 v22H2 build 19045.4717

Additional Information:

1. my On startup setting is Continue where you left off
  2. Delete browsing data on exit is all blank
  3. Sync settings is sync everything

I’m having a similar problem. The tabs in all the groups (well, most of them) do not open again when re-opening Brave. The saved groups appear on the toolbar and when I click each one, all of its tabs then open up.

1 Like

I have the same problem. The group tabs with synchronization on keeps disappearing every time I restart the computer. I noticed all the group tabs disappear in the history with the same device shown multiple times. See screenshot. There is a bug in synchronizing group tabs?

1 Like

Same problem here. It’s happening on my work W11 machine and at home on my W10 computer. I have gone to the point of right clicking on each group tab, unchecking ‘save group’ then rechecking it before shutting Brave down. This has been happening for the last few weeks and may corresponding to a software update.

Edit: I had problems with this two years ago, but it eventually resolved itself: Tab groups lost / forgotten

1 Like

This is happening to me as well. Mine only seems to happen after an update is applied to Brave though. I have checked the settings for the groups and made sure they are set to “Save Group”. This is very frustrating…

1 Like

I also tried to do this, turning off then on the save group so it “forces” the browser to sync the tabs but does not work. I got tired of creating the tabs repeatedly and just created a folder bookmark instead so I can right click > open all the saved pages.

I recently updated to Brave Version 1.69.162 Chromium: 128.0.6613.120 (Official Build) (64-bit) and encountered the same problem. What fixed it for me was enabling a few options in brave://flags

I will try this and report back. I really don’t need all these tabs open all the time. So if this is a no-go, I’ll try the bookmark thing mentioned above.

You don’t have to keep them open all the time. Right click on the groups you don’t want to show up, and select ‘hide group’. When you need to open them again, you’ll find them in the left corner of your bookmarks bar if everything is set up well.

1 Like

cool, thank you for this! will try enabling them and see if this resolves the issue. cheers! hope it works

exactly this is what I do, just hide group if not needed and open… only when they are saved there haha! it’s also missing on that left corner when they’re supposed to be. but I’ll enable your trick under the brave flags. thank you!

This did not work for me. When I open Brave, the group only shows one of the many tabs, with the rest ungrouped. And I now see duplicate tabs. I don’t know what’s going on, but it sure is frustrating.
Edit: I did have the Tabs Groups extension enabled. I will try it with this disabled. Maybe it will work fine.

1 Like

haha this worked for a few days and goes back to the original issue I was having. I’m now sticking to bookmarking all of my grouped tabs, thanks! unfortunately, no responses from Brave as well