Right click menu not showing up on macos

Description of the issue:
Any link on macos right-click is not showing the context menu (Open in new tab etc)
macos High Sierra. I also have Chrome installed and right click works fine there

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Open any webpage with a link. Right-click on it and nothing happens

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Nothing happens

Expected result:
Right-click menu pops up

Reproduces how often:
Always

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Macbook Pro Late 2011
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Brave is up to date

Version 1.15.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:
Two-handed workaround: Holding down CMD+left click will open link in new tab. I’ve seen three other issues opened regarding this but no resolution. They were auto-closed after 30 days.

1 Like

@xmikew,
So the right-click context menu works in other browsers/on your machine but not in Brave? That seems pretty strange – may have to do with the older OS you’re running but I doubt it. Do you have any extensions installed at this time?

1 Like

@Mattches yea well it turns out I did some shoddy testing and it was limited to just one website (I don’t frequent many sites on desktop) and I found out for whatever reason this website has disabled right-click menu. I re-enabled it via javascript console and brave works just fine. Sorry for false alarm.

Thanks,

- Mike

2 Likes

After examining the site, it’s wordpress most likely using some “disable content theft” plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-right-click/) - I didn’t know this was a thing.

1 Like