Just installed, but why two mouse clicks to do certain things?

When clicking on a link, Is it normal for it to take two right clicks of the mouse to open up the context menu to see things like “open in tab?” Everywhere else in the OS and on Firefox the same takes one mouse click. What’s really weird is when right clicking on a link in the Brave extension menu screen, I can open the context menu with one click. Every other website takes two clicks for the mouse to engage. This is with no extensions installed.

OSX Monterey 12.3
Logitech mouse (with or without its software installed same behavior)
Brave: Version 1.37.109 Chromium: 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (arm64)

@cape8pe,
Something is definitely going on here. It may actually be due to one of the installed extensions. Can you try creating a new temporary profile and test to see if you get the same behavior there? Ensure that you close your original profile window such that the new Brave profile is the only Brave window open.

Interesting, now it comes up with one click in a new profile. I meant no extension enabled in my original post. I’d disabled all extensions and was still getting that behavior. Guess I’ll do a fresh install and check as I add each new extension. Thanks

Seems any gesture extension I install makes it so I have to double right-click to bring up the context menu. I’ve tried all the extensions in the store, one at a time, and it only happens when they are installed. I don’t want to use Firefox, but for some reason double right-clicking is like having a pebble in my shoe and I use gestures hundreds of times a day. :thinking:

But you’re saying that the cause for the issue is due to installing a gesture extension into the browser, is that correct?

That’s right. Probably not a native Brave issue, but just curious why crx mouse gestures and smart up gestures in the store both cause this. Neither are responding to e-mail so figured maybe someone else had an idea or knew of an incompatibility. :thinking:

I will forward this information to the team to review but off the top of my head I’m not entirely clear on why this would be the case. Hope to have more information for you soon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.