Right click context menu alignment

When right clicking in a field or link, there are some options that have a “dropdown” menu to the right, in this example it’s “Bitwarden” and “Brave” itself.

When the menu extends to the right, it’s not aligned vertically, so if you move your mouse to the right without going down, which I guess some people do, you won’t hit the option.

It may looks like nitpicking, but these are mouse movements that I do hundreds of times a day and the annoyance adds up :slight_smile:

The issue seems to have appeared with Windows 11. On Windows 10 the menu alignment is perfect vertically.

Can this be fixed from the Chrome / Brave side, or is it a Windows 11 specific issue?

Hi @duhsn

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you kindly try to use another Chromium browser to see if this behavior persists?

Be waiting for your response!

Hello @duhsn, thank you for letting us know about this. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

In case it does not work, go to brave://flags > Search 'Vulkan' > Disable Vulkan > Retest

Let us know if that helps. Regards.

Hi, I’ve tried both of these options, no change.

Like I wrote, I think it’s related to Windows 11, as the alignment of menus is perfect on Windows 10.

On my Windows 11 machine, the misalignment is present on both Brave and Chrome. It doesn’t seem to be present in Edge.

If you try it on a Windows 11 PC in Brave / Chrome, you should be able to reproduce it.

What I’m asking is, is this a known issue caused by Windows 11? Or is it something that can be fixed from the Brave side (I don’t think it is, but it won’t hurt to ask)?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.