Reset profile avatar after selecting one from the offered ones

Description of the issue: The avatars that Brave offers are too flashy and colorful. I selected one to try it out, fully expecting to be able to reset it to the default icon (outlined circle with a stylized person).
Turns out that you can reset this.

I really prefer the default outlined icon, as it automatically adjusts to the light/dark theme used by the OS.
If I would replace one of the offered avatars with a similar stylized icon this would not reflect the OS theme and look odd.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. Click the profile icon in the toolbar. Then click the name of the profile. The shown settings page allows to rename the profile and select an avatar only from the offered selection.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): Now I’m stuck with the flashy avatar.

Expected result: Resetting to the default icon should be possible.

Reproduces how often: Always.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): macOS 10.15 and Brave 0.69.135

Additional Information:

@leo4,
We’ll be releasing several of our own profile icons to replace the ones Chrome comes with in upcoming releases. Additionally, you should also be allowed to swap or hide these icons after setting them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.