Region not supported error even though I live in a supported country (France)

Briefly describe your issue:

Dear Brave Support Team,

I am facing a challenge when attempting to link my Uphold account to Brave to manage my BAT earnings. I am receiving a message stating that my region is not supported. This is surprising to me, as I am residing in France, which, to my knowledge, is indeed supported by Uphold for BAT transactions. The message started to appear 2 weeks ago.

Are there specific steps I need to follow or settings that need to be adjusted in order to connect my Uphold account without encountering this error message?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to your response so I can continue to use Brave and Uphold optimally.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? (Menu --> About Brave)

I’m using both Windows and macOS and for Brave : Version 1.63.162 Chromium: 122.0.6261.69 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Who is your verified custodian? (Uphold/Gemini/bitFlyer)

Uphold

Are you in a supported region? (see here for list of supported regions)

Yes, I live in France.

I think you may have answered your issue here. Where is your passport from? Am I safe to assume you’re not originally from France ?

The reason I’m asking is the API that communicates between Brave and Uphold has very limited information it provides to Brave. It uses your passport to determine which country you’re from

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.