Referral Program

Is there something with the referral program? Because two friends downloaded brave browser using my link but it did not appeared in my dashboard.

1 Like

Hi friend, Recently my referral members (120) are download brave browser. But I got only 41 downloded.
This is not a first time, already I got totally 2988 downloaded. Still, I got 31 confirmation only. I waiting for more than 3 months. Think about it. :worried:

This is not a first time, already I got totally 2988 downloaded. Still, I got 31 confirmation only. I waiting for more than 3 months. Think about it. :worried:

It is plausible that only 31 users out of your 2988 actually used the browser for more than a month, depending on your promotional/marketing strategy. The vast majority of users who download Brave based on these large scale promotions will not retain (i.e., quit and uninstall the browser) past a few days or a week.

Is there something with the referral program? Because two friends downloaded brave browser using my link but it did not appeared in my dashboard.

Yes, there was some downtime on the servers today, and we are investigating. Several back-end engineers have been notified, and they are actively on the case.

In another case, it was confirmed that referral counts were registering on the back-end, but not being reflected on the front-end. This is good, since once this display error is fixed, you should see the downloads show up.

Also note that “downloads” are for downloads + installs + use (enough to send a ping). A simple download of the link is not sufficient.

Also note that the download numbers should refresh once per hour, so they are not instantaneous at this moment.

Thanks!

Can everyone here check their dashboards again starting now? Thanks. @Ronalddd

I had the same issue since yesterday and was about to ask about it here. After seeing this thread I checked the dashboard and now the downloads are displaying correctly.

Thanks!

1 Like

If you uninstall the brave browser and then re-install it, I will get 5 from my referral link. Because from what I know, for a referral who installs the browser from our referral link, we get 5? But must this recommended to use this review a minimum of a month?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.