Recovering Brave Browser on a new phone

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
My phone died and I can’t figure out how to restore everything on new phone. I tried synching to my laptop that is connected to my Uphold wallet, nothing happens when selecting synch all.

How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:
Synching the account on my old phone to my new phone.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G

Additional Information:

@WormCastings unfortunately, the sync feature doesn’t sync the wallets/rewards.

The Brave Sync team first focused on providing all of the popular sync data types that users have come to depend on, e.g. bookmarks, passwords, history, etc. The Brave team is working next on syncing rewards data. More to come soon!

1 Like

So does this mean if you change phones theres no way to keep the bat tokens?

Only if you verified it with an uphold account, the team is analyzing for ways to change the current requirements, until that happens we are stuck with this.

Which he won’t get to until he accumulates 25 bat on the new phone to then be able to verify with uphold… or they get rid of that hoop… :zipper_mouth_face:

I have a verified Uphold account and was still not unable to synch Brave account on new mobile phone with my Uphold account

@WormCastings every wallet works locally, that means that you need to have 25 bat in your mobile phone to be able to verify it. That limit exist on desktop too but somehow-maybe a bug- You can bypass it.

I see. Thanks for response. Not the end of the world. I’m still going to use Brave Browser regardless. Hope in the future we can tie our account to Uphold in a manner that circumvent a lost phone or unsalvagleble computer.

IIRC, the limit wasn’t activated for anything other than mobile… they were thinking of doing it everywhere but didn’t go through with it… Now I hear they thinking about nixing it in mobile as well (one can only hope).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.