Reader (or Speedreader) mode NOT working

Description of the issue:

The reader/speedreader mode is not working in the Brave browser. I already enabled both reader mode and speedreader mode using the Brave flags. I also turned on speedreader mode in Settings. However, Speedreader mode only works on a very small selection of websites, while reader mode doesn’t work at all. See my example below.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

For example, when I go to this page: https://backcountrygallery.com/sony-a1-review-for-wildlife-photographers/ there is no speedreader mode. I clicked View (menu) → Enter Reader Mode and nothing happens. In contrast, when I access the exact same page in Safari (MacOS), their reader mode renders the page perfectly on all pages (one click in the address bar).

Brave should NOT be worse than Safari in terms of usability. I have searched the posts here and it seems to be an unresolved issue. I am disappointed.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Try the above website yourself.

Expected result:

I want a reader mode button in the address bar similar to how Safari (MacOS) does it.

Reproduces how often:

Every single time. Reader Mode doesn’t work at all, and Speedreader mode only works on a very small number of websites.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3, Brave Version 1.31.87

Additional Information:

We ditch Google Chrome for Brave for privacy. Please don’t force us to ditch Brave for a lack of usability. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.